As the weather is cooling down, warm up with this hearty tomato soup. Great recipe to meal prep with and store for the whole week.
(Yields 5 servings; 150 kcal, 17g carb, 8g fat, 3g protein per serving with bread)
2 Medium carrots
1 medium onion
6 cloves of garlic
3 tbsp olive oil
6 leaves of basil
Seasoning to taste (salt, pepper, thyme, cumin, paprika)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel carrots and garlic. Halve tomatoes and onion. Place all chopped ingredients onto a large baking sheet and coat with olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Put baking sheet into over for 25-30min until vegetables are tender and slightly charred
- Let the tray of roasted vegetables cool to room temperature.
- After being cooled, put roasted vegetables into a food processor and blend until all ingredients are incorporated evenly while leaving a good amount of texture.
- In a pot set to medium heat, drizzle a tablespoon and saute diced onions.
- After diced onions have gone translucent, put pureed vegetables into the pot.
- Add a whole can of crushed tomatoes, stir, and add salt, pepper, cumin, and paprika to taste
- Chop fresh basil and stir into soup mixture
- Once all ingredients are combined and heated all the way through, you are ready to enjoy!