Need a freezer-friendly breakfast recipe for those busy mornings! Try these nutrient-dense muffins to brighten-up your mornings!
(Serves: 12; 195 kcal, 8.1g fat, 27.5g carb, 3.7g protein per serving)
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs, preferably at room temperature
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and grease a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine all wet ingredients (Coconut oil, honey, eggs, greek yogurt, and vanilla).
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients (Flour, baking powder and soda, salt, and cinnamon).
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Be careful not to over-mix!
- Fold in berries! Once mixed, scoop a ⅓ Cup of batter into each muffin tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown!
- Let cool and enjoy!