If you’re looking to increase muscle and reduce body fat in the new year with your workouts, eating enough protein in your diet is crucial. There are so many protein sources out there, however, these are 9 of the top protein sources that I recommend to my clients daily to transform their body for good.
So if you’re looking to see results not only at the gym but also in the kitchen, try incorporating these 9 foods if you’re looking to reset your metabolism.
- Greek Yogurt: Rich in protein and probiotics, Greek yogurt is an excellent choice to kickstart your day. The high protein content helps maintain muscle mass, while probiotics contribute to a healthy gut – something that’s often overlooked when it comes to muscle building and fat loss! I recommend adding chia seeds and fresh fruit to your daily Greek yogurt.
- Eggs: Eggs are a nutritional powerhouse, providing a complete source of protein and essential amino acids. Whether boiled, scrambled, or in omelette form, eggs are versatile and can be easily incorporated into any meal. I recommend making egg “muffin” cups like these to my clients.
- Salmon: Packed with omega-3 fatty acids and high-quality protein, salmon is a great choice for both fat loss and muscle gain. Omega-3s contribute to overall well-being and can help in reducing inflammation and therefore make resetting your metabolism easier.
- Chicken: Chicken is a staple for those aiming to build muscle by providing high protein value! Chicken is (obviously) versatile and can be used in a variety of ways, such as with a sheet pan meal, in a grain bowl, or on a salad.
- Tofu: For those following a plant-based or vegetarian diet, tofu is an excellent source of protein. It’s not only versatile in the kitchen but also provides all nine essential amino acids. Don’t knock tofu until you try it!
- Edamame: Edamame is a plant-based protein source that’s not only rich in protein but also in fiber. This combination helps keep you feeling full, supporting your weight loss goals. Try eating edamame as a snack – I recommend these salty edamame snacks to my clients.
- Cottage Cheese: Cottage cheese is making a comeback! It’s high in protein and makes a great breakfast or snack option.
- Black Beans: Loaded with protein and fiber, black beans are a fantastic addition to your diet. They not only support muscle growth but also help regulate blood sugar levels and promote a feeling of fullness.
- Chickpeas: Chickpeas, or garbanzo beans, are a versatile legume that can be incorporated into various dishes. Packed with protein and fiber, they contribute to satiety and support muscle-building.
Incorporating these 9 protein-rich foods into your diet can be a game changer in your journey to reduce body fat and increase muscle mass. Remember to pair these foods with a well-balanced diet, regular exercise, and sufficient hydration for optimal results.
Hi lady! I’m a registered dietitian and metabolism expert with over 7 years experience helping women fix their metabolism, feel more confident in their body, and feel better than ever. I’ve worked with 100s of women to help them to make reaching their nutrition goals doable and simple using my unique 3-phased approach that focuses on mindset, mindfulness, and metabolism.
You can learn more about my high-touch, personalized coaching program and how it can change your life forever here.
Are you tired of endless diets and gimmicks that promise quick results but fail to deliver? If you’re ready to embrace a sustainable approach to weight loss, one that doesn’t involve restrictive eating or relying on magic weight loss pills, then look no further.
Watch my program video here where you’ll discover the secrets to shedding pounds for good while nourishing your body and mind.
This program is for you if you’re ready to say goodbye to the cycle of temporary fixes and hello to a lifetime of feeling and looking your absolute best. It’s time to take control of your health and well-being.