(Yields 3 servings; 318 calories, 18g fat, 16g carbs, 22g protein)
- 10 oz ground chicken
- 1 head butter lettuce
- ⅓ cup of chopped cashews
- ¼ cup yellow or white onion, chopped
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ⅓ cup shredded carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced ginger
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp Thai sweet red chili sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp honey
- Sesame seeds to top
- In a saucepan, add the olive oil over medium heat. Then, add onions and cook for 2 minutes. Next, add in the garlic and ginger and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the pan and break it up using a wooden spoon. Cook for approximately 4 minutes until there is no more pink. Season with salt and pepper.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the soy sauce, chili sauce, lime juice, and honey for the sauce in a small bowl.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the sauce and the cashews to the pan and cook for 2 minutes on low heat. Remove the pan from the stove and allow everything to cool for 2 minutes.
- Next, stir in the carrots, green onions, and cilantro.
- Use the butter lettuce leaves as a “shell” to hold the meat mixture. Top with sesame seeds and enjoy!
If you’re looking to fix your metabolism for good with sustainable habits that are doable and are proven to work, check out our unique 3-phased approach, Nourished Nutrition Breakthrough.
Do you feel confused about all of the nutrition information out there, such as what and how much to eat? Does healthy eating overwhelm you?
Our Nourished Nutrition Breakthrough program was created just for you. Learn more HERE.
We would love to support you by creating an individualized plan just for you! Watch our short program video below to learn how to get started.