A unique and delicious way to incorporate veggies into your next snack or meal! This works great with hummus, pita, and feta as well, and makes for an excellent appetizer.
Yields 8 servings; 78 calories, 5.5g fat, 7.7g carbs, 1.2g protein
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the eggplant, pepper, and onion into cubes (they will be going in a food processor later) and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic to the veggies and toss.
- Spread the vegetables onto a baking sheet and roast for 45 mins, tossing halfway through.
- Allow the veggies to cool for a few minutes, then place them in a food processor. Add in the tomato paste, then pulse 4-5 times to blend.
- Add salt and pepper to taste if needed.
If you’re looking to fix your metabolism for good with sustainable habits that are doable and are proven to work, check out our unique 3-phased approach, Nourished Nutrition Breakthrough.
Do you feel confused about all of the nutrition information out there, such as what and how much to eat? Does healthy eating overwhelm you?
Our Nourished Nutrition Breakthrough program was created just for you. Learn more HERE.
We would love to support you by creating an individualized plan just for you! Watch our short program video below to learn how to get started.