Stir frys or stir fries!? I still don’t know what the plural should be. Regardless, this is one of my favorite ways to get in a quick balanced meal on a busy weeknight!
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil (+ more if ingredients are sticking to the pan)
- 1 package firm tofu chopped into cubes
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- Optional: handful of greens
- 2 cup cooked quinoa or brown rice
- Optional: 1/2 cup peanuts or cashews for topping
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- Optional: red pepper flakes
- Whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, maple syrup, corn starch and optional red pepper flakes in a bowl. Set aside.
- Turn heat onto medium pan with 2 tbsp oil. Add bell pepper, broccoli and onion. Stir to combine and cook for about 5 min.
- Add cubed tofu and stir to combine. Add more olive oil if ingredients are sticking to the pan. Cook for another 4-5 minutes. Add handful of greens if using and add soy sauce mixture to pan. Mix to combine.
- Cook another minute or so and turn off heat. Combine veggie / tofu mixture with grains and top with peanuts or cashews if using. Enjoy!
If you’re looking to fix your metabolism for good with sustainable habits that are doable and are proven to work, check out our unique 3-phased approach, Nourished Nutrition Breakthrough.
Do you feel confused about all of the nutrition information out there, such as what and how much to eat? Does healthy eating overwhelm you?
Our Nourished Nutrition Breakthrough program was created just for you. Learn more HERE.
We would love to support you by creating an individualized plan just for you! Watch our short program video below to learn how to get started.