I love making a curry because it freezes so well and incorporates your protein, fiber, and veggies – AKA a balanced meal!
Makes 4 servings
- 16 oz shrimp, deveined and tail off
- 1 tbsp ground paprika
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium eggplant, chopped
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (13-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1½ tbsp fish sauce, plus more as needed
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Cooked brown rice or whole wheat noodles, for serving
- 1 cup cilantro sprigs, chopped for serving (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving (optional)
- Combine shrimp, paprika, turmeric, and salt in a bowl. Mix to combine.
- In a large pot, add olive oil and turn on heat to medium. Add onion, eggplant, and broccoli. Turn heat to medium-low and stir so that the ingredients don’t stick for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add shrimp and coconut milk. Stir to combine. Add fish sauce and stir again. Add about 1 cup water.
- Let shrimp and veg mixture simmer on medium-low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder and remove from heat.
- Serve over cooked grain and garnish with cilantro and lime.
If you’re looking to fix your metabolism for good with sustainable habits that are doable and are proven to work, check out our unique 3-phased approach, Nourished Nutrition Breakthrough.
Do you feel confused about all of the nutrition information out there, such as what and how much to eat? Does healthy eating overwhelm you?
Our Nourished Nutrition Breakthrough program was created just for you. Learn more HERE.
We would love to support you by creating an individualized plan just for you! Watch our short program video below to learn how to get started.