I saw that Trader Joe’s came out with a new sauce, Lemon Pesto, so I had to try it! This Lemon Pesto Summer Salad is the perfect side dish for your next summer BBQ or an easy weekday meal that is packed with veggies .
Yields: 8 servings
- 1-16 oz package of whole wheat pasta (I used the Brown Rice pasta from TJ’s)
- 1 container of Trader Joe’s Lemon Pesto sauce
- 2 small broccoli florets, chopped
- 4 cups spinach or other green
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- Optional add ons: mozzarella, chopped tomato, chopped parsley, chopped garlic
- Optional protein to make it a balanced meal: chicken, salmon, tofu
- Add water to a saucepan and turn on heat to boil water.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan. Add onion and broccoli. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until broccoli is most of the way cooked through.
- When water is boiling, add the pasta and cook according to package.
- Add spinach and mix thoroughly until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat when wilted.
- When pasta is done, drain, and add back to saucepan. Add veggies, pesto, and any additional toppings like fresh tomato or mozzarella.
Do you want to optimize your metabolism so you can increase energy, lose weight, and feel more confident in your own body?
Do you feel confused about all of the nutrition information out there, such as what and how much to eat? Does healthy eating overwhelm you?
Our Nourished Nutrition Breakthrough program was created just for you. Learn more HERE.
We would love to support you by creating an individualized plan just for you! Watch our short program video below to learn how to get started.