This mac and cheese recipe utilizes cottage cheese to make a high protein dish. It’s perfect to use as a side along with dinner!
Yields 9 servings
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat elbow macaroni (or GF alternative)
- 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese
- 2 ¼ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F and spray a 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray
- Blend together the cottage cheese and milk.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of shredded cheese and mix in the rest with the cottage cheese and milk.
- Mix the pasta with the blended mixture in a separate bowl and then pour into the dish. Season with salt and pepper, cover in foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and mix again. Add the ¼ cup cheese on top and continue baking for 30 more minutes without the foil.
Calories: 202 Total Fat: 6.5g Saturated Fat: 3.4g Cholesterol: 17mg Sodium: 260mg Total Carbohydrates: 23g Dietary Fiber: 2.4g Total Sugars: 3.8g Protein: 13.6g Vitamin D: 1mcg Calcium: 246mg Iron: 0mg Potassium: 92.2mg
Do you want to optimize your metabolism so you can increase energy, lose weight, and feel more confident in your own body?
Do you feel confused about all of the nutrition information out there, such as what and how much to eat? Does healthy eating overwhelm you?
Our Nourished Nutrition Breakthrough program was created just for you. Learn more HERE.
We would love to support you by creating an individualized plan just for you! Watch our short program video below to learn how to get started.