Not only does this recipe combine nourishing ingredients, it includes a starch, vegetable, protein, and a healthy fat! It is important to consume all food groups in a recipe as different types involve varying amounts of key nutrients.
- ⅓ cup orzo pasta
- ⅓ cup grilled chicken
- ½ cup of frozen spinach
- ⅓ cup of finely chopped broccoli
- 3 tbsp of pesto
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese (can omit if dairy-free)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ clove of garlic
- Mince garlic and finely chop up the broccoli.
- In a medium sized pan, begin sauteing garlic in oil until golden brown while adding in your spinach.
- Prepare and cook chicken separately in the oven at 350 with salt and pepper.
- Begin to cook the orzo pasta in separate, boiling water.
- In the medium sized pan, add the broccoli, pesto, salt, and pepper.
- Lastly, add in the cooked chicken and orzo pasta and stir well!
Calories: 509, Total Fat: 43g, Saturated Fat: 3.4 g, Cholesterol: 26.7mg, Sodium: 2,886.2mg, Carbohydrates: 14.5 g, Dietary Fiber: 3.2g, Sugar: 0.9g, Protein: 15.2g, Vitamin D: 0.5%, Calcium: 41.3%, Iron: 12.4%, Potassium: 349.9mg
Do you want to optimize your metabolism so you can increase energy, lose weight, and feel more confident in your own body?
Do you feel confused about all of the nutrition information out there, such as what and how much to eat? Does healthy eating overwhelm you?
Our Nourished Nutrition Breakthrough program was created just for you. Learn more HERE.
We would love to support you by creating an individualized plan just for you! Watch our short program video below to learn how to get started.