These muffins are a fun way to sneak vegetables into a chocolatey treat! We love using zucchini, as it is high in Vitamin C and is a great addition to muffins, brownies and other baked goods!
(Makes 12 muffins)
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup agave or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ½ cup dark chocolate chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, granulated sugar, and baking soda in a medium bowl and whisk together
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter, agave/maple syrup, vanilla extract, and egg and mix using an electric mixer
- Use a paper towel to dry out and remove as much water as possible from the shredded zucchini. Add this into the wet ingredients along with the applesauce and milk and mix again
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined
- Add the chocolate chips and fold into the batter
- Divide the batter into the muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Calories: 154 Total Fat: 5.9g Saturated Fat: 3.5g Cholesterol: 21mg Sodium: 138mg Total Carbohydrates: 24.9g Dietary Fiber: 1.6g Total Sugars: 12.3g Protein: 3.1g Vitamin D: 7mcg Calcium: 27mg Iron: 1mg Potassium: 98mg
Do you want to increase energy, feel more confident in your own body, and build more consistent eating habits that don’t feel like an added stressor?
Take the first step in your health journey by learning what’s holding you back here.