We love this easy soup recipe because it utilizes chickpeas which are a great source of plant-based protein. Try straining the chickpeas and rinse them under water to lower the sodium amount!
(Makes 5 servings)
- ½ onion, diced
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 cup short grain brown rice precooked
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Saute the chopped up onion and carrot in a pan on medium heat
- Once the carrots are getting soft and the onion is turning brown, add in the minced garlic for about 2 minutes. Then take the pan off the heat and set aside
- Next, combine 4 cups of vegetable stock and 3 cups of water in a pot and bring to a boil (if you like less liquid in your soup, add less water)
- While waiting for that to boil, pour the canned chickpeas into a strainer and rinse with water
- Once the stock is boiling, add the rice, chickpeas, and cooked onion, carrot, and garlic and reduce the heat so the soup is at a simmer for about 10 minutes
- Remove the pot from the heat and add in the tahini and lemon juice. Stir
- Add the spinach and stir again. Let the spinach wilt for a couple of minutes in the soup
- Season with salt and pepper and serve
Calories: 292 Total Fat: 9.4g Saturated Fat: 1.2g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 396mg Total Carbohydrate: 44g Dietary Fiber: 5.1g Total Sugars: 12.3g Protein: 10.4g Vitamin D: 0mcg Calcium: 115mg Iron: 8mg Potassium: 437mg
Do you have health goals, but feel stuck and feel like nothing you’re doing is working? Do you feel like you can’t seem to move forward and see the results that you want, and you’re not sure what you’re doing wrong?
Do you want to increase energy, boost your metabolism, and feel more confident? Take the first step in your health journey by learning what’s holding you back here.