A sweet and delightful dessert that can be enjoyed just by anyone! This recipe is easily customizable whether you want to use different fruits or make it a basic chocolate ice cream with cocoa powder! Aquafaba, the liquid found in the can of chickpeas, is a great base alternative for ice cream for those who are dairy free or vegan. The remaining high protein chickpeas can be used for any other recipe you desire!
(Makes 2 servings)
- 1 can of garbanzo beans
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 cup frozen mango
- Strain your can of garbanzo beans into an electric mixer bowl, using only the liquid.
- Combine the vanilla extract, salt, lime juice, and powdered sugar into the liquid.
- Mix on high until soft peaks form.
- Blend 1 cup of frozen mango
- Fold in the mango puree gently
- Freeze for 4-6 hours
- Scoop and enjoy!
Calories: 451 Total Fat: 18.4g Saturated Fat: 4.1g Cholesterol: 327mg Sodium: 161mg Total Carbohydrates: 52.7g Dietary Fiber: 7.8g Total Sugars: 2.3g Protein: 22.2g Vitamin D: 31mcg Calcium: 199mg Iron: 5mg Potassium: 1035mg