An easy and adaptable lunch or dinner for all of you who are running on a busy schedule! We love the versatility of this meal – you can swap the eggs for another protein source like chickpeas, beans, tofu, or chicken.
(Makes 1 serving)
- 2 eggs (or swap another protein source like chickpeas)
- ¼ cup short grain rice
- ¼ an avocado
- 1 cup chopped kale
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup edamame soybeans shelled
- Top with everything but the bagel seasoning
- Pour ¼ cup of uncooked short grain rice into a pot with ½ cup water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and cover. Let simmer for 45 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- While the rice is cooking, heat the soybeans in the microwave (I usually buy a frozen bag from trader joes).
- Saute the kale in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil until crunchy. Once the kale is done, set aside.
- Cut up ¼ of an avocado into slices. If tomatoes are not sliced, slice those too.
- Once everything is done cooking, cook up 2 fried eggs in a pan.
- Now throw everything into a bowl and season with everything but the bagel seasoning
Note: The rice can be cooked in advance and in bigger portions to save time!
Calories: 451 Total Fat: 18.4g Saturated Fat: 4.1g Cholesterol: 327mg Sodium: 161mg Total Carbohydrates: 52.7g Dietary Fiber: 7.8g Total Sugars: 2.3g Protein: 22.2g Vitamin D: 31mcg Calcium: 199mg Iron: 5mg Potassium: 1035mg