We love this baked oatmeal dish for breakfast, as a snack, or for a sweet treat! What’s even better is that there’s no refined sugar, and it’s packed with fiber!
(Makes 9 servings)
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15 ounce) canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 1/4 cups oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (can omit)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (can omit)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, melted in the microwave (can omit)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 pan with oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed banana, eggs, vanilla, canned coconut milk, and maple syrup/honey. Then, add oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt and mix to combine. Then, add add-ins including pecans, coconut flakes, and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. You can add any toppings (choc chips, coconut flakes, or chopped nuts) on top, if you desire. Bake for about 35 minutes, until edges are browned.
- Top with a drizzle of peanut butter and fresh banana slices and enjoy!