This sandwich is a perfect lunch to take on the go, and is super simple to make. You can enjoy it cold or warm, and the combination of the turkey, apple, and cheese make for a match made in heaven!
(Makes 1 serving)
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- ½ apple
- 2 ounces of deli turkey
- 1 slice of cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and maple syrup. Add to both slices of bread
- On one slice of bread, layer on the turkey, apple, and top with the slice of cheese.
- Add the second slice of bread. You can eat it as is or add to a panini press or skillet to warm up the sandwich.
- In the skillet spray with nonstick cooking spray and heat the pan over medium heat. Add the sandwich and cook for 3-5 minutes. Flip the sandwich and repeat.
- Slice the sandwich in half and enjoy!
Calories: 357 Total Fat: 10.6g Saturated Fat: 2.5g Cholesterol: 41mg Sodium:1257 mg Total Carbohydrates: 48.9g Fiber: 6.8g Total Sugars: 19.4g Protein: 21.1g Vitamin D: 1mcg Calcium: 482mg Iron: 3mg Potassium: 316mg