Grain bowls are one of our favorite things to make on a weeknight! They take no time and use up any ingredients that you have on hand.
(Makes 4 servings)
- 1.5 lb salmon, chopped when raw into small square-sized pieces
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa or brown rice
- Dressing: 4 tbsp soy sauce (or tamari,) 2 tbsp miso paste, 5 minced garlic cloves, 1 tsp rice vinegar, 1 tsp ground ginger, 2 tsp sesame seed, 1.5 tsp sesame oil
- Optional add ons: Mixed greens, sliced purple cabbage, edamame pods, pickled ginger, pickled red onion, chopped green onion, sliced avocado, chopped cucumber)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with oil. Cook rice / quinoa now if you haven’t already.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Place chopped salmon on baking sheet. Place about half of dressing on top of salmon and mix to combine. Bake salmon for about 15 min, or until thoroughly cooked through.
- Prepare add on ingredients while salmon is cooking.
- When salmon is done, combine salmon, grains, and add ons in a bowl. Add additional dressing to the top. Add more sesame seeds to garnish.