(Makes 4 servings)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups corn – fresh off the cob or frozen
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- 12 ounces halloumi cheese, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional add on: avocado
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil into a nonstick saute pan and turn stove onto medium heat. Add corn, cherry tomatoes, and chopped jalapeno, if using. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Saute for about 7 minutes, until corn starts to brown on either side. Stir occasionally. Remove from stove and put into a bowl.
- Add remaining oil to pain and add halloumi cheese. Cook for about 2 min on one side, and then flip to the other side. Remove an add to the same bowl as the corn and tomato mixture.
- Add red onion and the juice of 1 lime to mixture.
- Stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.