These apple rings make for a sweet pick-me-up during the day, or even as a yummy dessert! They’ll be sure to satisfy you as they have a good balance of carbohydrates, protein, and fat. Snacking has never been so delicious! Be sure to get creative with your favorite toppings!
(Makes 1 serving)
- 1 medium apple (any variety of your choosing)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (or any nut butter or nut butter alternative)
- ¼ cup granola
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Cinnamon to taste
- Any other toppings of choice (coconut flakes, nuts and seeds, crushed pretzels, etc.)
- Lay apple down on its side, and cut thin slices, creating circular disks.
- Using a small paring knife, very carefully cut a small circle around the core of the apple and remove it.
- Top apple rings with nut butter and other toppings and enjoy!
Calories: 484 Total Fat: 21.1g Saturated Fat: 6g Sodium: 180mg Total Carbohydrates: 74.2g Fiber: 8.1g Total Sugars: 55g Protein: 10.7g Vitamin D: 10mcg Calcium: 8mg Iron: 5mg Potassium: 488mg