This recipe uses protein powder, making it a high-protein breakfast, snack, or post-workout meal.
(Makes 1 serving)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup milk (we use cow’s milk, can use a DF alternative)
- 1 scoop protein powder – we love this one (use code NOURISHEDROUTES for $ off too!)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: berries, banana, apple slices, nut butter
- Add oats and milk into a bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Stop microwave every 45 sec (ish) and stir (as to make sure it doesn’t explode!)
- Remove from microwave, add protein powder and vanilla extract, as well as other optional additions.
- Enjoy hot!