This salad is one of our favorites to make when we have extra tomatoes on hand!
(Makes 4 servings)
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped basil or mint
- 2-3 persian cucumbers, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Other optional ingredients: mozzarella, arugula, avocado
- Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Keeps in the fridge for 3 days.
To make this a balanced plate, add a protein source such as chicken, tuna, or egg.