These almond butter chocolate covered dates are a perfect salty and sweet treat to have on hand! They are so good that they don’t even taste like a healthy alternative. In fact, they remind me of a candy bar!
(Makes 3 servings)
- 6 pitted medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons almond butter (or any nut butter or nut butter alternative)
- ½ ounce (about 12) almonds (or any nut)
- ⅓ cup semisweet chocolate chips (DF if desired)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Open up each date and stuff with almond butter and 2 almonds. Place in the freezer.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave for 30 second intervals.
- Coat the dates in chocolate and place in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer and enjoy!
Calories: 330 Total Fat: 21.5g Saturated Fat: 8.1 g Sodium: 3mg Total Carbohydrates: 35.8g Fiber: 5.2g Total Sugars: 28.2g Protein: 6.1g Calcium: 24mg Iron: 4mg Potassium: 223mg