These sweet potato fries make a perfect summer side dish and require almost no prep work! Soaking the fries in cold water and tossing them in cornstarch before baking will help to ensure a crispy and crunchy exterior, you won’t even be able to tell the difference from typical ones you get at a restaurant!
(Makes 2 servings)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Wash and rinse sweet potatoes. Peel if desired. Cut into thin slices, about ¼ inch thick.
- Soak the fries in cold water for about 30 minutes. Remove and pat completely dry.
- Preheat the over to 425 degrees. Toss the fries in cornstarch and add to a parchment paper lined baking sheet (or greased baking sheet)
- Drizzle olive oil over fries, add seasonings, and toss. Spread fries out evenly on sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, tossing after 15 minutes.
Calories: 169 Total Fat: 14.2g Saturated Fat: 2 g Sodium: 2328mg Total Carbohydrates: 11.7g Fiber: 1.4g Total Sugars: 0.5g Protein: 0.7g Calcium: 15mg Iron: 1mg Potassium: 108mg