This salty and sweet treat is perfect to have on hand when your sweet tooth kicks in. It is super quick and easy to throw together, and I bet you already have all of the ingredients in your pantry!
(Makes 6 servings)
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup peanut butter (or any nut butter or nut butter alternative)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips (DF chips if needed)
- Prepare a muffin tin by spraying non-stick cooking spray on 6 muffin cups.
- Combine oats, peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract into a medium bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Using your hands, form the oat mixture into a flat, disk-like shape, and add to the bottom of the muffin tins. Place in the freezer.
- In a small bowl or ramekin, add semisweet chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave for 30-second intervals until fully melted.
- Pour the chocolate on top of each oatmeal cup so that each is fully covered. Place back in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Carefully remove your oat cups from muffin tins and enjoy! Store in the fridge or the freezer.
Calories: 327 Total Fat: 19.4g Saturated Fat: 7.7 g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 101mg Total Carbohydrates: 34.4g Fiber: 3.7g Total Sugars: 19.4g Protein: 7.2g Calcium: 17mg Iron: 3mg Potassium: 217mg