Why go store bought when you can make your own! This caesar dressing takes no time to make and lasts about a week in the fridge.
(Makes 1 cup, or 8 servings)
- 2 anchovy fillets finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup plus 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Shaved parmesan (optional)
- Mound together the anchovy, garlic, and salt using the side of a knife on a cutting board until a paste-like substance forms.
- Whisk egg yolk, lemon juice, and mustard in a medium sized bowl.
- Slowly add in oil as you continue to whisk. Add in enough oil so that the substance looks like mayonnaise.
- Add water if needed to thin.
- Add anchovy mixture and whisk.
- If using parmesan, add parmesan now (2-4 tbsp) and whisk to combine.
- Taste and add salt and pepper, if desired.