Hummus only takes 5 min to make. And when you make it in your own home, you can decide the ingredients and flavors! To cook the chickpeas, roast garlic on a foil-lined pan for 10 min at 400 degrees F prior.
(Serves 8 people)
- 1-15 oz can chickpeas, cooked
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1-2 lemons (depending how lemony you want it)
- Water to thin / blend
- Paprika (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Parsley to garnish
- Combine chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, garlic clove, and juice from 1-2 lemons in a food processor. Pulse on high.
- You may need to use a spoon or spatula to make sure chickpeas are breaking down. Add 2 tbsp of water to thin. Keep adding water to thin until hummus is desired consistency.
- Add a few pinches of salt and pulse a few times to combine.
- Serve hummus in a bowl. Add paprika and / or parsley to garnish.