This wrap is packed with both protein and fiber and is also a plant-based alternative!
(Serves 2 wraps)
- 13.4 oz chickpeas drained
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1 persian cucumber, chopped
- A few pieces of spinach or other greens (optional)
- 2 flour wrap tortillas (can be gluten-free, if needed)
- 4 tbsp red pepper or regular hummus
- Place drained and dried chickpeas in a bowl. Mash chickpeas with a potato masher or fork until almost smooth
- Add mayo, mustard, paprika, lemon zest for 1/2 lemon, lemon juice from 1/2 lemon, minced shallot, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Warm up tortillas in microwave, if desired.
- Spread 2 tbsp hummus on each tortilla. Add 1/2 cup chickpea salad and spinach leaves. Add in as much tomato and cucumber as you wish into tortilla. Fold up to create wrap.