A quick and easy meal – less than 30 minutes! Make this vegetarian or with your favorite go-to meat.
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- Mixture of onion, carrot, bell pepper, and cabbage (all sliced, 3 cups in total or can purchase as pre-made slaw mix)
- 1 lb protein source (ground chicken, tofu crumbles, tempeh)
- Peanuts to top
- Lettuce leaf
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Saute oil in a pan. Add vegetable mixture and mix around. Saute about 1-2 minutes. Add ground protein source and cook for about 5 minutes until protein source is thoroughly cooked through.
- Add peanut sauce to mixture and stir to combine on low heat. Allow to simmer for another minute or two, until protein is thoroughly cooked through and vegetables are desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and fill each lettuce leaf as if its a taco. Top with peanuts and enjoy!