Oats + pistachios – these bars make the perfect combination (ie a great breakfast or snack!) of protein and fiber.
(Yields 12 bars)
- 1 cup raw shelled pistachios
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine pistachios, oats, and salt. Mix for about 1 minute until thoroughly combined.
- Add olive oil and honey. Combine for about 30 seconds.
- The mixture should be a little doughy. Put the ‘dough’ into the baking dish. Even out dough and top with coconut flakes.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes. Dough should still be slightly soft when you take it out. It may look like it will fall apart, but
- Cut into squares and store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.