The perfect combination for a sweet treat – fiber and protein!
(Serves 12; 140 kcal, 2g pro, 20g carb, 8g fat per serving)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips (dairy-free choc chips if desired)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Slice bananas into ¼ inch chips
- Place sliced bananas onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Microwave peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl for 15-20 seconds.
- Dollop a nickel sized amount of peanut butter into each banana slice
- Top the banana and peanut butter with another slice of banana to create and peanut butter, banana sandwich
- Place baking tray into freezer for at least 3 hours
- In another microwave safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips and coconut oil in 30 second bursts making sure to stir in between each burst (you should not have to microwave for more than 3- 30 second intervals before chocolate burns)
- After chocolate is melted, take banana sandwiches out of freezer and coat them in the melted chocolate
- After all banana pieces are covered with chocolate, place in freezer for another hour to harden
- Keep stored in the freezer and grab as you go!