Eggplant is a great way to get in veggies for yourself, or your kids! These are served with vegan cheese as a vegan recipe, but regular cheese can also be used.
(Serves 4; 203 kcal, 21.5g carb, 11.75g fat, 6g protein per serving)
- 1 small eggplant
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- Plant-based milk (or cow’s milk if non-vegan)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan
- Garlic salt
- Italian seasoning
- Slice eggplants into ¼ inch discs
- Salt eggplants slices generously and let salt pull out moisture for 10min.
- Pat slices dry with a paper towel
- In one shallow bowl pour milk, in a separate bowl of the same size pour italian style breadcrumbs
- Into the bowl of breadcrumbs, season with garlic salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese
- Take eggplant slices one at a time and submerge into milk bowl and immediately after into the bowl of breadcrumbs and make sure entire disc is covered
- Repeat these steps until all slices are breaded
- Place breaded eggplant into the airfryer and drizzle both sides with olive oil
- Cook in the airfryer for 10min and then flip discs and cook for another 10min.
- After golden brown, add your favorite marinara sauce and some extra parmesan and you are done!