This hearty soup is perfect to combat the cold weather. It’s packed with nutritious ingredients, like protein, fiber, and different vitamins/minerals to build your immunity!
(Serves 5; Fat 7.6g; Carb 16.7g; Protein 31.2g per serving)
- 1 lbs chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 can corn, juice drained
- 32 fl oz. chicken broth
- 1 bag steamed broccoli
- 1 bag steamed peas
- Heat up a large pot using olive oil and add onions to sauté over medium heat
- Add the carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add the chicken thighs, season with salt and pepper, and cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Pour the chicken broth over onions, carrots, and chicken and leave to boil for 15 minutes over medium heat
- Once it starts to boil, add the corn, broccoli and peas into the pot and let simmer for another 15 minutes over low heat
- Serve and enjoy!