Don’t waste those Thanksgiving leftovers – make this easy quinoa salad to use up your extra ingredients! To make it vegan, skip the turkey.
(Serves about 6)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked turkey, chopped (optional)
- 4 fresh brussels sprouts cleaned, halved & sliced thin (raw)
- 1 sweet potato, cubed and roasted
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 2-3 tbsp toasted pecans, rough chop (or walnuts)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Put your quinoa and in a large bowl.
- Add turkey, brussels sprouts, sweet potato, green onion, dried cranberries, parsley, salt & pepper, a drizzle of olive oil. Gently stir to combine. Taste for seasoning and if required add another pinch salt & pepper.
- To serve sprinkle with toasted pecans, another drizzle of olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon juice.
Other optional ingredients: spinach, walnuts, apples, butternut squash, feta