(This yields 4 servings)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1-15oz can pumpkin puree
- 2 cup veg or chicken broth
- 1 cup canned coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup cubed butternut squash, roasted
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- Quinoa or brown rice for serving
- Cilantro for garnish if desired
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a saucepan or deep saute pan. Add onion and ginger and saute for about 5-6 min, until soft.
- Add garlic clove and cook for 1 min.
- Add tomato and pumpkin puree, stir frequently about 10 min. Pumpkin should be golden brown.
- Add broth, coconut milk, curry powder, and salt and pepper. Simmer for about 20 min.
- Add butternut squash, shrimp, and lime juice. Cook shrimp until thoroughly cooked through and shrimp is pink in color.
- Serve over quinoa or brown rice and top with cilantro. Add more salt and pepper to taste if desired.