This healthy dish is great to serve to your family or a group, or even as a meal-prepped breakfast! Add in other veggies of choice to make it even more nourishing.
(Yields about 6 servings; 1 serving has 200 kcal, 11g pro, and 13g carb)
- 2-3 bell pepper diced
- 1 small red or yellow onion diced
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 8 ounces sliced mushroom
- 1-2 bunches of kale or 2 handfuls of spinach
- Cheese of choice (vegan cheese can be used)
- Olive oil for coating
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat 1 large baking sheets with nonstick spray. Lightly spray a 9×13-inch casserole dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Place onion and bell pepper on tray and lightly coat (about 1 tbsp) with olive oil. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top. Roast the vegetables until tender, about 20 minutes, tossing the vegetables on the pan so they cook evenly.
- Transfer half of the roasted vegetables to the prepared casserole dish and spread into an even layer. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs together with the milk and garlic until evenly blended. Add in mushrooms and kale that is removed from stem or spinach. Pour it into the casserole dish. Scatter the remaining vegetables evenly over the top that you roasted, then grate or shred desired amount of cheese on top. (If you love cheese, then add more!)
- Bake the casserole for about 35 to 40 minutes. The casserole should be golden on top and the center should not jiggle when you shake the pan. Remove from oven and serve warm.