We love this avocado tuna salad as a non-traditional healthy lunch option! You can serve it with carrots or additional cucumber to increase your veggie intake for the day, or serve with a slice of toasted whole wheat bread.
(Yields 1 serving)
- 1 can tuna, drained
- 1 English cucumber sliced
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine: cucumber, avocado, red onion, drained tuna, and cilantro.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper to bowl. Stir and toss to combine. Serve as is or with a slice of whole wheat bread.
- In a food processor, add the almonds and process until coarse.
- Add dates and water, process until combined.
- Add cacao and protein powder and process until well combined. Then add chocolate chips and pulse to evenly distribute chips.
- Spread coconut flakes on a plate or a bowl.
- Shape/roll dough into small balls and roll around in coconut flakes one at a time.
- Freeze or store in the fridge in an airtight container.