Protein balls are a great and easy way to get adequate protein in your routine! We recommend making a batch and freezing them for future use.
(Yields 24 protein balls)
- 3 cups pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cups almonds
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 4 scoops pea or hemp protein powder (vanilla or chocolate)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (dairy-free if necessary)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- In a food processor, add the almonds and process until coarse.
- Add dates and water, process until combined.
- Add cacao and protein powder and process until well combined. Then add chocolate chips and pulse to evenly distribute chips.
- Spread coconut flakes on a plate or a bowl.
- Shape/roll dough into small balls and roll around in coconut flakes one at a time.
- Freeze or store in the fridge in an airtight container.