A salad that you can prepare? It sounds crazy, but this salad is the perfect nutrient-packed and nourishing lunch! Roasting your sweet potatoes and protein is all hands-off time and the salad itself is assembled in minutes.
(Serves: 4; 453 kcal, 22.2g fat, 51.7g carb, 20.2g protein per serving)
- 3 Medium-Sized Sweet Potatoes
- One package of extra firm tofu
- One bag of kale (or any greens)
- 6 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tsp balsamic vinegar
- Seasonings of your choice
- Optional: top with pumpkin seeds
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F
- Wash and dice 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes into bite size pieces (be sure to make all your pieces roughly the same size so they can all cook for the same amount of time!)
- Coat your sweet potatoes with 2 Tbsp of olive oil, and season to taste with salt, pepper, paprika, or any seasonings you’d like! The sweet potatoes will bake for about 30-40 minutes (be sure to check half way through)!
- Drain your package of tofu and pat dry with paper towels. Dice your tofu into bite size pieces and coat with 2 Tbsp of olive oil, and season to taste with salt, pepper, paprika, or any seasonings you’d like! Bake your tofu for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once the sweet potatoes and tofu are done, let cool completely before adding to salad. At this point you can dived out your veggies/tofu into 4 meal-prep containers and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- When ready to prepare salad, wash your bed of green (I love kale with this salad). Make a simple dressing of 2 Tbsp olive oil, 2 Tsp fresh lemon juice, 1 Tsp balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Add sweet potatoes and tofu to salad and op with pumpkin seeds if desired!