Tropical and refreshing, this recipe is perfect for summer time! Try this flavorful combo on its own or in tacos!
(Serves: 3; 375 kcal, 17.9g fat, 14.2g carb, 37.5g protein per serving)
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp, tails removed
- 2 Medium Zucchinis
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ Fresh Jalapeno
- 1/2 small fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven and grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- If frozen, thaw shrimp by running under luke-warm water for 15 minutes.
- Wash and dice zucchini into bite size pieces. Mix with olive oil, salt, pepper, and chili powder. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Combine the coconut, lime zest, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper in a shallow bowl. Brush the shrimp with the egg whites, then press into the coconut mixture until completely coated. Place on the same baking sheet as zucchini and bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- The coconut is crispy and golden brown and the shrimp are pink and no longer opaque in the middle.
- Meanwhile, mix the cilantro, jalapeno, pineapple and lime juice in a bowl. Serve alongside the shrimp.
Eat this dish as is or make it into tacos with corn tortillas!