This pasta salad uses chickpea pasta and fresh veggies for a light yet protein-packed dish. It’s even vegan!
Nutrition information may vary based on pasta used – we used Banza chickpea pasta in rotini shapes for this recipe! (Serves: 6; 340 kcal, 18.4g fat, 36.6g carb, 8.7g protein per serving)
- 16 oz dry pasta (we recommend rotini, elbows, bow ties, or penne)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinse
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1-2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp oregano
- Pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Like baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread diced veggies, garlic, and chickpeas over the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and oregano. Place in oven and roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- While veggies are cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. When done, quickly drain and rinse under cold running water.
- Prepare dressing by whisking ingredients together in a jar or bowl. Place in refrigerator.
- Once veggies have cooled, remove garlic cloves from the sheet pan and roughly chop.
- In a large bowl, combine drained and rinsed pasta, chopped garlic, and roasted veggies. Set in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Add dressing to pasta salad when ready to serve.