Warm weather means BBQ and burger time; black bean burgers that is! Enjoy this meatless recipe packed with plant-based protein and vibrant flavors. Top your black bean burger sliders with homemade ranch dressing to make them even more irresistible.
(Yields 3 black bean burgers and 6 servings of ranch. Burgers: 175 kcal, 3.1gm fat, 27.7gm carb, 9.3gm protein per serving. Ranch: 32 kcal, 0.6gm fat, 2.1gm carb, 4.3gm protein per serving)
- Black Bean Burgers:
- 1 Can of Black Beans, drained
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ C red onion, finely diced
- ½ C Bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ C flour
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Ranch Dressing:
- 1 C plain greek yogurt
- 1 ½ tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 ¼ tsp. dried dill
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried chives
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Optional: milk or buttermilk for thinner consistency
- Coarsely mash beans with a fork in a large bowl until you reach a paste-like consistency with some chunks.
- Add all remaining ingredients except for flour and oil. Mix and mash until combined and a dough-like texture is reached.
- Divided into patties (either normal sized or slider sized patties). Place them on a plate with foil and refrigerate for an hour or you can freeze them and make them later.
- Meanwhile, make dressing by mixing all ingredients until combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add oil to the pan.
- Spread flour on a plate and add salt and pepper to each side of the patties. Dip each pattie into flour; brush off excess.
- Fry patties on each side until golden brown with a slight charr; about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Spread ranch over buns if desired and serve with all the fixins; enjoy!