This summer bruschetta recipe is perfect for warm summer evenings with fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden!
(Yields 9 servings; 246 kcal, 9.5g fat, 33.4g carb, 8.2g protein per serving)
- 5 Roma tomatoes
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup basil, or about 8 leaves thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, chopped
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, fresh
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan or mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 baguette
- Optional: balsamic glaze
- Wash and core tomatoes to remove seeds and juice. Dice and add to a medium bowl. Slice the basil if using fresh leaves.
- Finely mince garlic. In a small dish, add 2 tbs olive oil and 1 tsp of the minced garlic. Set aside. Add remaining garlic to the bowl with the tomatoes.
- Add chopped mozzarella, 2 tbs olive oil, salt, pepper, and basil to the bowl with tomatoes. Gently stir to combine and marinate for 15 to 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In the meantime, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice baguette into 1/4” thick slices.
- Brush the garlic and olive oil mixture over both sides of each slice and line on a baking sheet. Top side facing up with a sprinkle of shredded Parmesan or mozzarella.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. Turn broiler on and broil for 1-2 minutes if desired. Alternatively, bake for 8-10 minutes without using broiler.
- Remove from oven. Top with tomato mixture. Drizzle with balsamic glaze if desired.