Baked cheese – sign us up! Alli made this dish for her neighbors and everyone loved it! Serve with warm toasted bread or tortilla chips.
Yields ~6 servings and takes 20 minutes to make
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil (dried is OK too, + more for serving)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- One-28 ounce can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 8 ounce goat cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a skillet, combine garlic, olive oil, basil, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine for about 30-45 seconds until garlic starts to brown.
- Once garlic browns, add tomatoes (including juices). Simmer for 5-10 minutes until sauce thickens. Stir frequently.
- Pour this mixture into an oven-safe dish. Add “globs” of goat cheese to top.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Top with more fresh basil if desired and some salt and pepper. Serve warm with bread or chips!