Breakfast that is ready when you are! This simple, healthy, and veggie-packed recipe is the perfect breakfast meal-prep and can be stored in your freezer for weeks.
(Serves 4; 209 kcal, 14.3g fat, 4.8g carb, 16g protein per serving)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ C milk
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 medium bell pepper
- ¾ C fresh arugula
- 1 oz cheddar cheese
- ½ C low fat cottage cheese
- Prepare muffin tray by spreading olive oil around with a paper towel on the insides. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk your eggs and milk together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wash and dice bell pepper into small pieces. Wash arugula and roughly chop into thin pieces.
- Add peppers, arugula, and cheese to the egg mixture.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ of the way full and bake for 20-25 minutes until the center is set and no longer runny.
- Allow them to cool before serving.