Poach eggs made easy with this simple and easy-to-follow recipe! Impress your friends or family with homemade Eggs Benedict or top your avocado toast with a beautifully poached egg.
(Yields 1 serving; 75 kcal, 5 gm fat, 0.5 gm carb, and 6.3 gm protein per serving)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tbsp Distilled White Vinegar
- Boil a large pot of water.
- While water is coming to a boil, crack an egg into a small bowl or cup.
- Add vinegar into the water and stir.
- Once water is boiling, turn down heat until water is simmering and has some steam.
- When you are ready to add your egg, create a vortex in the water by stirring in circles with a spoon. Add the egg to the middle of the vortex and cook the egg for 3 minutes.
- Remove the egg with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel to remove any excess water. Serve immediately over toast or on its own!