Try this simple and spicy recipe this summer! Ready in only 15 minutes, these tacos are perfect for a fun week-night dinner. The perfect balance between the spicy shrimp and refreshing lime cabbage slaw on top! Not to mention, this easy and healthy recipe is packed with veggies!
(Yields 6 servings; 629 kcal, 11.6 gm fat, 66.2 gm carb, and 72.4 gm protein per serving)
- 1 pound of frozen peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 medium sized Jalapeño
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 12 corn or flour tortillas
- ½ head of cabbage
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Optional Toppings: Avocado, sour cream, pico de gallo
- Wash cabbage thoroughly and slice into thin strips. Start by cutting the head in half and removing the stem, then slice lengthwise into thin strips. Add cabbage to a bowl, then add lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to marinate until ready to serve.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to the pan and let heat up.
- Run the bag of frozen shrimp under lukewarm water while the pan is heating.
- Wash Jalapeño and cut in half. Remove seeds and white veins, then chop into thin slices (to make thin half-circles). Mince 2 cloves of garlic and set aside along with the Jalapeños.
- When the pan is ready, add Jalapeños and garlic. Let cook for one minute.
- Add shrimp to the pan and stir in order to coat them in the oil. Add all the spices to the pan and stir to evenly distribute over shrimps. Let cook for 5-7 minutes or until shrimp are light pink.
- Once shrimp are done, turn heat to low and let rest.
- Add shrimp to a tortilla and add desired toppings (I love adding sour cream directly on the tortilla and spreading it around before placing shrimp down). Top with the slaw and enjoy!