(Yields 3 servings; 659 kcal, 30.4gm fat, 65.8gm carb, and 29gm protein per serving)
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 4 Tbsp salted butter
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- Kosher salt
- Zest of 1 lime
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 Tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large cucumber
- Herby Green Tahini Sauce:
- ½ Cup Tahini
- 1 Cup fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives (fresh)
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, combine sweet potatoes, 2 Tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt. Arrange potatoes cut side down. Transfer to the oven and roast for 25 mins (until tender).
- Flip potatoes over, drizzle with honey and 2 Tbsp of melted butter. Return to the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes to caramelize the potatoes.
- Once done, let the potatoes cool and zest lime over each potato.
- Cook brown rice according to package directions. Combine 1 cup of cooked rice with plain greek yogurt and set aside.
- Melt remaining butter with 2 Tbsp olive oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add yogurt-rice mixture and flatten out. Add additional rice into the pan and flatten out. Cook until the golden-brown crust begins to form on the sides of the pan, about 15 minutes. Once crispy, flip rice browned-side-up on to serving plates.
- Prepare eggs either soft boiled or fried. To soft boil, cook the whole egg in boiling water for 6 minutes then transfer to an ice water bath.
- Slice cucumber into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Make the sauce by combining all ingredients and ¼ cup warm water into a blender and blend on high until smooth. If needed add more water to make a drizzling consistency.
- To serve, separate rice between 2 bowls, add sweet potatoes, eggs, cucumbers, and drizzle sauce over all components. Garnish with red pepper flakes if desired.