(Yields 3 servings; 209kcal, 6.4g fat, 30g carbs, 13.9g protein per serving)
- 3-4 bell peppers, any color
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cups white mushrooms, finely chopped
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 2 baby potatoes, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4-5 eggs
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a shallow baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the diced potatoes and cook for 15 minutes.
- In the mean time, wash the peppers and cut off the tops. Carefully remove the cores and seeds, being careful not to pierce the bottoms of the peppers.
- Once the potatoes are tender and browning, add in the mushrooms, garlic, and spinach. Allow to cook until spinach is wilted down.
- While the veggies are cooking, whisk the eggs, salt, and pepper together in a measuring class for easy pouring.
- Align the peppers into the baking dish, being sure they are able to stand up in the dish. Evenly divide the potato mixture between peppers. Depending on the size of your peppers you will have enough filling for 3 or 4.
- Pour the egg mixture into the peppers, being careful not to overflow them. Top with cheese.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the eggs are set. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container.