(Yields 12 servings; 288kcal, 7.3g fat, 51.8g carbs, 6.1g protein per serving)
- 2.5 cups flour
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 8 oz pitted dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 tbs melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add sugars and stir to combine.
- Add the oats, dates, and nuts to the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the milk and egg. Stir in the melted butter and vanilla extract. Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir until evenly combined.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.