(Yields 10 servings; 239kcal, 9.7g fat, 36.9g carbs, 2.2g protein per serving)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh and rinsed or frozen
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some paper hanging over the sides
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry base ingredients. Stir in the melted butter and yolk.
- Remove about 3/4 cup of mixture and mix with 1 tbs extra brown sugar.
- Press the rest of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, gently fold the blueberries, lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch, and chia seeds until berries are coated.
- Spoon berries onto the oatmeal base. Crumble the 1 cup of reserved oatmeal mixture over the berries.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the blueberries are bubbling and the crumble is turning golden brown. If using frozen berries, baking time may be 50-60 minutes.
- Cool completely before removing using the excess parchment paper and slicing into bars.