(Yields 6 servings; 136kcal, 9.6g fat, 12.9g carbs, 3.1g protein per serving)
- 2 lb green beans with ends trimmed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, sliced or diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- Handful of pea shoots for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blanch green beans in a large pot of boiling water until beans are bright green in color, about 2 minutes. Drain and place beans in a ice bath to stop beans from cooking.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and saute, about 30 seconds.
- Add beans and cook for about 4-5 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add 2 tbsp lemon zest.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add pea shoots for garnish.